Plan Your Transfer


College Students

Planning your transfer is an important step to earning your degree.   Students in Michigan have several options when it comes to transferring.
You may want to:

Use the resources on this site to help plan your transfer.

High School Students

Colleges and universities throughout Michigan offer several opportunities for high school students to earn college credit through programs like Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Early Middle College or Dual Enrollment.

It is never too early to start exploring colleges and universities.  Michigan institutions of higher education continue to work together to make the transfer process easy to understand and simple to navigate. Speak with your school counselor or contact an institution to begin exploring transfer options at Michigan's colleges and universities.

Veterans & Military Service Members

Military Service Credit: Veterans and active-duty service members may be able to receive academic credit for their military training that counts toward degree requirements.  The Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency maintains a database of academic credit for military experience.  [Learn More]

Benefits and Resources: Find a benefits counselor in your area that can help connect you with educational opportunities, benefits, and other services in your local community.  [Find a Benefits Counselor]

Emergency Assistance: Emergency assistance is available if you have temporary financial issues with utility bills, vehicle or home repairs, and medical or other debts.  [Request Emergency Assistance]

Undecided Student Pondering Photo


Choosing a major can be difficult.  It is critical that you explore careers and majors to develop a transfer plan. Explore resources available at our colleges and universities or speak with an academic advisor or career counselor at your college or university for help.

Colleges & Universities >